My Photo
Name:
Location: Sussex, United Kingdom

I'm Cathy, wife, daughter, vegan, animal lover, cat lover, dog owner, crocheter, childless, 60s, part-time home helper, part time personal shopper, part-time IT professional, amateur fundraiser. Looking to make my life as good as possible whilst causing as little harm as possible.

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Getting back on track - ish


Food diary for today.
Breakfast 2 slices organic wholemeal toast with sliced plain tofu and tamari.  Tea with organic soya milk (2 mugs).
Lunch: A tin of Sainsbury's vegetarian spag bol on a slice of organic wholemeal toast.  Today is feeling a lot like old times!
PM: Organic lemon and ginger tea.  A square of chocolate.  That may quite possibly be the first time in my life I have eaten one square and stopped.  A victory of sorts.
Dinner: Stew made with red lentils, celeriac, onion, carrot, parsnip, potatoes (all organic), tinned tomatoes, a tin of black-eyed beans, stock powder and onion salt (all non-organic) and thickened with oats and sunflower seeds (both organic), both whizzed to a powder and added a few minutes before the end of cooking.  This worked well to thicken the stew but did impart a slight grittiness to the dish which I didn't mind but I don't think Dear Husband liked.

Making the stew was murder on my hand, although I did find that if I hold the knife like a pen, there's no pressure on my palm and therefore a lot less pain and added irritation.

I am conscious that I need to go heavy on the leafy greens tomorrow to make up for not having any at all for a few days.  All the sweet fruit I have left is 2 oranges, and I am loathe to try eating anything so juicy and acidic. I'm not sure how crucial sweet fruit is.  I know it has loads of nutrients and phytochemicals, but if I don't have any for a while I don't feel that I'll suffer so long as I keep up the veg and savoury fruit intake.  I still have tomatoes, cucumber and avocado, but I think I finished my red peppers.  Do you have any strong feelings about the nightshades Kay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home