My Photo
Name:
Location: Sussex, United Kingdom

I'm Cathy, wife, daughter, vegan, animal lover, cat lover, dog owner, crocheter, childless, 60s, part-time home helper, part time personal shopper, part-time IT professional, amateur fundraiser. Looking to make my life as good as possible whilst causing as little harm as possible.

Monday, December 01, 2014

Catch 22



The thing about eating healthily is - it means no longer opening a packet of something and pouring on boiling water.  Instead it means scrubbing and peeling and chopping.  When you have a bad hand you need all the nutrients available so your body can fight the infection.  But getting your hand wet and even worse, touching vegetable juices, hurts a lot and makes your hand worse.

So this evening I have eaten all that I had which didn't involve uncomfortable prep, and a very odd meal it turned out to be.  A fruit plate of a big peeled pear (the skin gives me apocalyptic indigestion), an apple (the peel of which is just fine and stayed on) and a somewhat over-ripe kiwi fruit, followed by a small avocado with vinegar and a packet of oatcakes with  pumpkin and sunflower seeds baked in.  All organic except the vinegar.

Lord alone knows what I'll eat tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home