My Photo
Name:
Location: Sussex, United Kingdom

I'm Cathy, wife, daughter, vegan, animal lover, cat lover, dog owner, crocheter, childless, 60s, part-time home helper, part time personal shopper, part-time IT professional, amateur fundraiser. Looking to make my life as good as possible whilst causing as little harm as possible.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Water, water everywhere and not much else to drink!


I like water as a cold drink, but not all the time.  I'm avoiding fizzy drinks for the obvious reasons, and squash because it's not a lot better, but that leaves a void.  Hot drinks are fine, I have a selection of teas that do the job.  But when I want a cold drink with flavour, without much/any effort, does the healthy eater have any recourse?

Food diary for today:

Breakfast: Last night's leftover potatoes and veg  and a slice of toast with peanut butter and jam.
AM: Packet of seedy oatcakes
PM: Soup made with green lentils, carrot, parsnip, leek, swede, kale, fresh lemon juice, turmeric, black pepper and reduced-salt marmite.  This was good - proof that you can pretty much hide anything you don't like in a well-flavoured soup!
Dinner:  More of the soup with a large jacket potato.  Loadsa fibre!   5 squares of dark chocolate, the first for ages!   Mug of chamomile tea.

I am not in any way punishing myself by having the same foods at subsequent meals.  I love leftovers of almost anything.  Flavours develop and blend, and I love to eat food that I haven't just had to make!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Just Humans Being said...

We are big water drinkers, but do like Fentimans for a treat. I contacted them a few months ago to ask which of their drinks are vegan & the only one that isn't is their shandy. We have them now & again when eating out... Do you like carbonated water? Nice with a squeeze of lime juice! :-) xx

28 November 2014 at 10:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home