My Photo
Name:
Location: Sussex, United Kingdom

I'm Cathy, wife, daughter, vegan, animal lover, cat lover, dog owner, crocheter, childless, 60s, part-time home helper, part time personal shopper, part-time IT professional, amateur fundraiser. Looking to make my life as good as possible whilst causing as little harm as possible.

Friday, December 05, 2014

Food good, drugs bad


I gave in and went to the doctor.  It's a long tedious story, but I'm back on antibiotics for the infection on my hand.  Apparently the condition I am suffering from is Pompholyx, and the young lady who examined me that she also gets it, but she's never had it as badly as me!

I've looked on the internet and there are loads of people with it way worse than me.  It's bad enough though.  I look quite a lot as though I'm holding a palmful of raw mince.  I was determined to use the tea tree and aloe vera cure, but this morning it had spread half way up my fingers and with the weekend looming I lost my nerve.  The pain and itching has started also, and that makes life a misery.  Dear Husband is away all next week so I will have to do everything that needs doing for myself and the animals, and I can't see being able to do that with only one usable hand.  I'm gutted.  I hate taking meds.

In other news, I've been to the organic shop again and came home with apples, pears, bananas, fresh dates, greens, avocado, turnips, khol rabi, red peppers, yellow carrots all for £11.  Later on DH went to Sainsbury's and added broccoli, mushrooms and a cucumber to the organic haul.  Good of him, considering that he won't be here to eat any of it.  I'm not looking forward to his absence.

Food today was toast & peanut butter (all organic) for breakfast, soya cheese and cucumber/pickle rolls for lunch (bread and cucumber organic, the rest not) and an amazingly delicious organic apple and a few organic dates this afternoon.  Dinner was a Linda McCartney curried vegcake (not sure of the actual title) with organic jacket potato and steamed veg (yellow carrot, turnip, frozen peas and pointy cabbage - all organic except the peas).  I seasoned it with onion salt and a tsp of mint jelly and it was nicer than I was expecting.  A single square of chocolate and a couple more dates rounded off the meal.

I'm still feeling good apart from my hand, plenty of energy (for me anyway), good spirits (apart from my brush with the NHS) and optimistic about the future despite the setback to my earnings.  So overall and on balance I feel as though I'm winning.  :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Playing Hooky said...

Ow that Aloe Pura gel hurts!

6 December 2014 at 12:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home